What you’ll learn
- Understand different forms of Augmented Reality and their applications
- Understand the basic difference between Virtual Reality & Augmented Reality
- Build 11 Augmented Reality Apps from scratch for Android & iPhone
- Students will create AR apps by writing codes in C# programming language
- Best practices in Augmented Reality
- A Windows or Mac Computer system
- Android Smart Phone or an iPhone
- Basic programming knowledge will be of Great help
Curious about Augmented Reality, You have come to the right place. Learn the basics fundamentals and programming techniques required for building fully functional Augmented Reality Apps. For this course you will need an Android Smartphone or iPhone.
So what is Augmented Reality?
In Augmented Reality, the real view is modified by a computer (Smartphone in this case). Augmented reality enhances one’s current perception of reality, whereas, in contrast, virtual reality replaces the real world with a simulated one. Augmentation techniques are basically performed in real-time,
Eg : Displaying live scores and statistics inside a live video of a sporting event
Power of Augmented Reality
I came across Augmented Reality in 2015 after watching a video of Augmented Reality Book. I was fascinated to know that such technology actually exists. So I started researching on different Augmented Reality platform. Vuforia platform seemed very promising as developers all over the World have used Vuforia for developing Augmented Reality apps.
Pokemon Go game is the best example of Augmented Reality. Other than that Augmented Reality apps expand over a wide range of topics from Education, Business, Architecture, Health Industry, Home Decoration and obviously mobile gaming.
Course Content and Overview
all you need is an Android or iOS device for testing your Augmented Reality apps. We will start from basics of Unity, C# platform and then move to higher topics
Intro & Basics of Augmented Reality
Next, we will look at the four different augmented reality techniques and its application. After this I will explain you what is Virtual Reality and the differences between Augmented Reality (AR) & Virtual Reality (VR)
Basics of Unity
After understanding Augmented Reality next we will look at the basics of Unity as Unity is the main software which we will use for building Augmented Reality apps.
Augmented Reality One (ARONE) application
ARONE is the first Augmented Reality Application which you are going to create. In this app you will
- Create Vuforia account
- Create License Key for the AR app
- Upload an Image as Image Target
- Understand Vuforia Image Recognition system
- Solution to White ImageTarget problem in Vuforia version 6.2.10
- Download 3D model from Unity Asset Store
- Place 3D Model on top of Image Target
- Download ARONE app database from Vuforia and activate it inside Unity
- Build this app for Android & Ios
Augmented Reality Book (ARBOOK) application
In the ARBook application we will first create few sketches inches a drawing book. Next we will download some 3D Models from the asset store and project the 3D Model on top of each image target.
Application like ARBOOK can be implemented in Schools & Colleges for teaching complicated subjects in a fun and easier way.
Virtual Button & Augmented Reality Business Card (ARBusinessCard)
Next, you will create a simple Virtual Button app called AugmentedRealityVirtualButton in which you will understand the important function & interface that are required for working with Virtual Button.
After the ARVirtualButton app, we will then create and ARBusinessCard. In the ARBusinessCard app, you will first place multiple virtual buttons on top of an Image Target. Next, I will show you how to play video file inside Unity, After this, we will write a C# script to play a particular video when the virtual button for a particular video is pressed
So after explaining the course content I hope to see you inside this Augmented Reality course
Who this course is for:
- Computer programming students interested in C# programming for building Augmented Reality applications
- Unity Developers interested in Augmented Reality platforms
- Anyone who wants to develop their own AR Applications
unity 2d unity 2d animation unity 2d assets unity 2d character controller unity 2d game unity 2d lighting unity 2d movement unity 2d movement script unity 2d platformer unity 3d unity 3d ai unity 3d asset store unity 3d beginner tutorial unity 3d download unity 3d game development unity 3d games unity 3d game tutorial unity 3d models unity 3d system requirements unity 3d tutorials unity game tutorials unity gui unity gui text unity mobile ui unity tutorials unity tutorials 2d unity tutorials 3d unity tutorials c# unity tutorials vr unity ui unity ui assets unity ui builder unity ui design unity ui kit unity ui toolkit unity ui tutorial